Tankard Light Issue

 After adding the light to my tankard the framerate when playing my game in editor had started tanking. Because of how I initially set it up, a light was present on every collectable but was only visible on the tankard. With the edition of 100-ish megalodon teeth, along with every other collectable in the museum, this was causing a problem.


To fix this I made a transform variable in the blueprint that had the location required for the light. From the construction script, after the node that creates the tankard, I then added a point light using the relevant node and set the location using the transform variable. After adjusting the various settings with other nodes afterwards which meant there was only a light present on the tankard.


A simple fix just by utilising the enum that is used as the backbone of this blueprint.

Comments

Popular Posts