A New Perspective

 After spending a lot of semester 2 away from Maya and traditional modelling tools, I wanted to go back to it but I also don't want to waste my new knowledge of photogrammetry. Combining both in a way that would allow both workflows to have a major part in the final object was my biggest challenge.

Spacegooose, an artist I have been following for a while, combines every-day, household items and turns them into a wide variety of different spaceship designs. His ability to subvert expectations it what I want to achieve with this semester.




To continue my work and combine both traditional modelling and photogrammetry, I will be creating photogrammetry scans of various items and add to them using my skills in Maya to create a unique collectable.

This new workflow for creating collectables allows me to explore a more creative outlook on modelling. Where previously I was modelling from reference or scanning an object directly, I am now challenged to rethink the models and create something interesting without taking away from it's original form.

I am excited to see where this new direction takes my projects and the effects it will have on the models I produce.

Comments

Popular Posts